Monday, September 12, 2011

Draft Horse - Final

Draft Horse
14x11
Oil on Masonite
Detail #1

Detail #2 - Palette Knife Strokes

A while back I posted the first stage of this painting. After completing the painting I was debating about changing a section of it so I've been staring at it for a while. I have made the decision to leave it as is. So, finally, here's the final! 


I used a combination of paint brush and palette knife in this one and am happy with the affect. It was fun to use the knife as it allowed me to apply paint in larger quantities and to blend in a different way. I will certainly be using that more in the future.

7 comments:

  1. colors and brush strokes are very nice. i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I LOVE your use of color. You really capture this beautiful creature's personality, too. Amazing work!!!!! Just confirms what I already knew: You are VERY talented!! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the fauvist type color here and thick brushwork- very expressive!

    ReplyDelete