Thursday, September 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Jeanmarie!!!!

Strike a Pose
11x14
Graphite





My niece turns 10 today! Jeanmarie is a fun girl who's into many things including Art, Reading, Lacrosse, Soccer, and most of all Horses! I have watched her go through my web site and pick out pieces which she likes, mostly I have seen her point to the horses. So, a few weeks ago when we were talking about what to get for this special little girl on her birthday, the idea of my doing a horse portrait for her popped up.

I had a lot of fun working on this, not the least of which was based on whom I was creating it for. It's a lot of fun to give presents from the heart and I poured my heart into this. I find that working on graphite renderings puts me into a very peaceful place, I haven't done one in a while so I was reminded of this while I worked "ohmmmm...."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEANMARIE! I hope you enjoy your present as much as I enjoyed making it for you!




Visit my Facebook page!


2 comments:

  1. Oh she must have loved this, Darlene! It is all dressed up for her birthday and is a beautiful portrait of a horse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Une très jolie publication, cette charmante enfant sera certainement très fière de recevoir un tel présent... Joyeux anniversaire, jeune fille!
    Bravo votre cheval est fort bien réussi... Vous avez laissé parlé votre coeur et votre ressenti ce qui en fait une belle oeuvre.
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete