Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Sketch

I was able to get another sketch of Mr. Roo (Riley that is) the night before last. He sometimes will stand on the deck outside the french doors on the opposite side of his ottoman perch and the chair that goes with it, which I was sitting in at the moment when I caught this. He stands quite still for long periods of time just staring at the world so it was a great time to sketch him. I think I'd like to turn this into a painting, I'll have to keep my camera handy and snap a reference shot then next time he takes the position.

7 comments:

  1. Such intense concentration! You really caught the watchful stillness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth! Yes, he's an incredibly FOCUSED dog! Although he does use his nose at times to find things, he is very much a sight hound! I'm quite sure he believes that if he stares at something he wants long enough it will come to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch Darlene! My dog, Otis, does this a lot! He waits until he can see something that he thinks he should bark at....lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes please... painting please... thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice sketch. I had a dog that once perked up when it saw an image of a bird on a television. I was shocked because I doubt a dog can understand a flat image but who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I know what you mean Stephen, Morgan (she's in some of the other sketches) will watch tv sometimes, it's quite funny to watch her reacting to it! Without animals life wouldn't be nearly so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sketches, Darlene. She's really following something intently outside! You're so right about life being not as rich without animals!

    ReplyDelete