Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Callaway Gardens Building - Oil Painting

Callaway Gardens Building
12x12
Oil

Here's a painting of a building at Callaway Gardens. This building has a restaurant upstairs on the opposite side and a shop and something else on the lower floor on the side that's showing. I was bummed because by the time we got here the shop was closed and I missed an opportunity to browse.

The photo I took seems to have spherized the image a bit, I guess the same thing must have happened on the other paintings I've photographed (vs. scanning) but the subject matter in this one seems to have accentuate it. I swear, the roof doesn't bent like that in the original. I'll probably scan this and the others when they get dry enough.

4 comments:

  1. I like the colors on the first floor. Was it catching the colors of the sunset?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila! Yes, the lower floor was catching the light but it was also a different (lighter) color than the second floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete