Saturday, January 29, 2011

GSU Sketch


I was waiting outside of this building (Georgia State University - Alpharetta) yesterday and decided to sketch it. It funny, when I was in school and forced to sketch, it was a bit of a chore. Now that I'm older, and it's not an assignment, I really enjoy it. It also doesn't hurt to have a sketchbook I like.

I love my new sketchbook! My previous sketchbook was just perfect and I've been spending ages looking for another to take it's place. The problem is that I don't want a "pretty" hard covered sketchbook and that's just about all I can find. Don't get me wrong, it's a plus if it looks nice but first and foremost it needs to be flexible. I'm not a big fan of the hard covered ones for whatever reason. The look great but tactily (sp?) they don't inspire me in the least to pick them up and make use of them. My last one had a plain old paper cover, which I oddly loved, and the interior pages were thick, textured drawing paper. The one I found has a nicer, yet still flexible, cover and the pages are very smooth, more like a moleskin's pages. I picked it up at Dick Blick a couple of weeks ago and it's love!




1 comment:

  1. I find that I hate sketching and wish I loved it. I have several sketchbooks and just think each page is ruined with the art work of a 5 year old tumbling about. That would be ok if I WERE 5, but alas, I am not. I get so much sketchbook envy when I visit blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete