Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Freedom!

This is another large one, though not nearly as large as the Sligo painting! I had so much fun painting this! I was so captured by the spirit and beauty of this horse that I was sad to finish it. I was originally going to add a cradle to this but when I was out shopping the other day I found the perfect frame! The texture of the frame runs vertically and teeters on the edge of contemporary and traditional which I love! It is also dynamic enough to put on this painting which has so much movement but doesn't have so much energy that it competes with the painting. I was so happy as I really did not want to put a small plain frame on this guy!

Until this sells, it can be found hanging in my family room!

Freedom!
18x24
Oil
For Sale On Etsy




2 comments:

  1. Darlene, this is such a wow! piece! Absolutely beautiful and I love seeing the surprising colors in his coat.

    ReplyDelete