Friday, February 6, 2009

Boston's South End - Work in Progress Part 4

Mostly I worked on the brick sidewalk so, there's just the buildings, plants, and touching up left to do. I'm hopeful that I'll get the rest of the pen and ink done by tomorrow. Then I'll need to decide whether or not to proceed with the water color portion. I've been working on 300# watercolor paper which is not the easiest thing in the world to do pen and ink on such a rough surface. I need to stop frequently to remove paper fibers which get caught in the nib. Not to mention that the ink doesn't go down the smoothest on such rough paper. Not to say I didn't know what I was getting into, I've done this several times before, it's just to say that for that reason alone I may proceed with the watercolor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment