Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Flower in Oil - Work In Progress 1

I've been working on this painting here and there for the last couple of weeks. It's another flower I photographed when I was at Callaway Gardens last summer. A good friend of mine and I were debating what kind of flower this is and we decided that it looks like an Iris. For some reason I feel it should be something more exotic than that...oh well, I guess I should have written it down. This painting is oil on gessoed poplar plywood and is 14.75"x7.75".

5 comments:

  1. Is it possible this is a Canna Lily? I really like the composition of this painting. Thanks for looking at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to have returned to see your finished sunflower! It is gorgeous and brightened up my day.

    Could this be a bearded iris? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Beautiful flower painting. Great work. I left you an award on my blog. Adriana

    ReplyDelete