Monday, October 15, 2012

Baby Girl Underpainting


Here is the first of a few under-paintings which I did over the past few days and are drying right now.


This sweet little girl is calling me, I can't wait for the underpainting to dry so I can work on her some more! In the meantime I have three more masonite panels to gesso so I can get my other ideas sketched out and started.

I'm planning on going to Dick Blick to pick up some clay later this week. I have had the urge to dig my hands into clay lately and I have a few ideas I'd like to try out! I wasn't sure about it at first as I don't have, or know anyone else who does have, a kiln. I thought about going the Sculpey route but clay is so much less expensive that it just doesn't make sense to get Sculpey unless I was only doing one or two small items. It turns out that there are places around which allow you to rent a shelf of a kiln so that's what I'm going to do! Crossing my fingers that I can remember enough about clay from high school and college that my items don't explode!

2 comments:

  1. L'évolution de cette dernière peinture est magnifique. Il me tarde de la voir achevée.
    Je comprends que vous ayez envie de plonger vos main dans l'argile... J'aime aussi, mais je n'ai pas d'expérience, je laisse juste aller mon ressenti.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing the finished piece. And I'm intrigued at what you are up to with the clay :-)

    ReplyDelete